Sunday, February 19, 2012

My New Oasis

Hello :)
February is already half passed, and it feels very quick, don't you think?


I have so many things around in my head. I just want to tell you that I found my new oasis. Yes, I take an IELTS preparation test course at EEP. The native teacher's name is Jim. I had not paid attention but afterwards I realized that was something tickled about his name. Hoho, I hope his last name is not Moriarty. Or I'll be made into shoes if I make a mistake. :))))
Oh, and I said native teacher because we have two teachers. Local teacher, Agung. And Jim, probably American because he doesn't sound like Mel.


How is it, the course? Interesting? Oh yes, absolutely. I mean, conversation class is more flexible and the topics offered are various, lots of games, and more speaking, of course. Whilst IELTS course is lots of hard work, we should follow the standard procedure to do it. That is, indeed, to help us when take the test. The IELTS test which is many paragraphs to understand, questions to be answered--in a limited time. That is challenging and fun!


There are 16 students on the list, but there are only 10-12 who actually come. I haven't known all of them, I don't know if there was some sort of introduction at the first day class on Monday. I just registered on Tuesday and entered on Wednesday, this happened because of my stupidity. My classmates are completely new people (well there is someone, she's my junior at high school, but I just know her a bit). Six of them are apparently close friends, but all to me are strangers. Nevertheless, Jim took our photo on last Wednesday, as if we've known each other well. As you know, I took a photo of my conversation class members as a farewell-treat. This is just only the beginning, Jim. :D


IELTS test consists of reading, listening, writing, speaking test. I can say that my favorite yet the most difficult part is speaking. The second favorite is listening, I love to listen English-speaker speak English. They say every word precisely with no effort (I don't know to express this in English, but in Bahasa: "yaiyalaaah!" :p). My least favorite is reading, oh gosh, I found myself a little bit troubled with it. But I have to be an expert after I take this course. I have to!


Speaking of listening test, Cabin Pressure helps me to accustom to how English is properly spoken. Just like hundreds of song, tens of movies--that taught me new vocabularies and idioms. Splendid! ;)


Okay, that's all.
Oh, I just saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy movie poster yesterday on Coming Soon section at XXI Ciwalk. Yaaaayy!! You know, Benedict plays Peter Guillam in that movie. Certainly, I will not miss this for the world! :D



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment