Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hugo and John

So, last Thursday Refa and I went to a cinema and we were going to watch Hugo. This is the trailer:


Actually it was me who wanted to watch it, hehe. There are two reason why I want to see it. Apparently the leading character, Hugo, and the other character (I don't know who but I think he's not a sidekick, because as can be seen on the trailer, Hugo's adventure-pal is a girl)--resemble Sherlock and John. And the fandom makes some gifs and videos that connect BBC Sherlock and Hugo as a young Sherlock-John. Yeah, just a regular thing we do on Tumblr :p
The second reason, though, this movie received five Oscars, two BAFTAs, and nominated for three Golden Globe Awards. So, I believe this is a good movie.


Unfortunately, there's no Hugo at the cinema we went to. Then we decided to watch another movie since we were there and really wanted to watch a movie. So, we bought John Carter ticket. Before we went to the cinema, Refa's friend had told him about it and Refa was curious about what kind of movie was that.


Well, it is basically a movie based on a book by Edgar Rice Borrough. It's a science-fiction fantasy movie, which is not quite my thing. So, I'll say it... yeeeaaahhh, not bad.. not good though. Youtube comments said that it's a merger between Star Wars, Prince of Persia, Gladiator, Avatars, and even Sherlock Holmes (maybe because the gentlemen's suits, a tall hat, and the setting from the first minutes that looks like very British).


Well, I hope this may help you on what-to-watch.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment