Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Dream Story

Mel gave us a homework last Tuesday. The homework is to make a story, true story that happened in our life. She told us to be careful with tenses. So, it’s nearly 1 am and I have been studying tenses since 11 pm, in order to recall my memory about tenses. Mel also told us to rehearse it because we will tell our story in front of the others and no reading allowed. I haven’t wrote a word cause I didn’t find which experience worth to tell (what a dull live I must had, haha). But then I decided to tell this:

I always love to write. I’ve been falling in love with writing since I was in junior high. It was my sister who made a short story about a lioness and its child which then imitated by me. Later, I wrote some short stories, from the story of a magic key, fairy land, an adventure of 4 kids, and a mysterious town.

When I was in high school, as a normal teenager, I fell in love with my classmate. One day, I dreamt about him. We were together in that dream and he offered me a raisin cookie which I hate. The dream was quite realistic, realistic enough to inspired me to write a short story. The story is titled ‘If I Have a Boyfriend’. One of the sentence was, “If I have a boyfriend, he will offer me a raisin cookie, but then I’ll say I don’t like raisin.”. It was very a teenager thing, wasn’t it?

Felt a bit proud of my work, I sent it to GADIS magazine. And you know what? About a couple of months later, it was published. I felt so surprised and delighted. It was my very first time for my work published in a media. Moreover, the inspiration came from a silly dream of a sentimental, falling-in-love teenager. I didn’t hope too much for the publication, but it turned out to be real. I will never forget this experience. The published short story also now framed in my room.


Ok, now’s time to rehearse.  Forgive me if the tenses got wrong, it’s a process of studying, anyway. :)

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. So cute.. I just know the reason for you fell in love with writing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeh ada jalooh.. coba ya di belgia sana ada beasiswa buat jurusan tulis menulis ga? hehehe

    ReplyDelete