Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How I Spent the Very First Day of 2012

Happy New Year, all! :D
How was your holiday? How did you spend your New Year's Eve? I remember exactly what I did in New Year's Eve last year. I was just laying in a couch, watching TV. Two years ago I did the same, watched TV, the only difference is I spent the night at my sister's house. Mel said that such a thing is totally boring. She will frown and yell, "get a life!!". Haha.


I went to Garut on 31st December, had my own fireworks (it was my brother who fire it, and I was cowardly running away from the firework so I can't see when it shoots the sky, too scared to hear its loud voice :p), and went to Ranca Buaya Beach in the next morning.
Gosh, it was a looooooooong way to get there. Yeah, Ranca Buaya is less known compare to Pangandaran or Pelabuhan Ratu or other south beach in West Java. But my father seemed very enjoy to explore the rocky road, quiet beach, a place visited by a few tourist and only local people around.
I prefer to go shopping in Singapore :p.


But, I tried to enjoy myself with nice thoughts and good tunes.
And here it is, an essay I made spontaneously along the twist roads. I made it in Bahasa, I wish I could write an essay in English, someday:


Lahan hijau terhampar sejauh mata memandang, bukit bergelombang dipenuhi tetumbuhan yang hidup begitu sejahteranya. Kabut merendah memeluk bukit.
Jalan berkelok menembus pegunungan. Di kedua sisi jalan terlihat dataran yang lebih tinggi, seakan menunjukkan setinggi itulah pegunungan saat para nenek moyang menerabasnya dan menuang aspal yang sekarang dinikmati.

Badan sungai yang indah, cantik berlekuk seperti tubuh wanita. Sungai itu lebar dan menjadi ajang bagi riak-riak air berlomba sampai ke hilir nun jauh disana.
Dataran tinggi di sisian jalan kadang bergantian dengan bebatuan besar yang mencengkeram tanah merah. Serabut-serabut akar terlihat di tanah yang kaya akan hara itu, menopang kehidupan pepohonan hingga tumbuh menjulang yang teduh menaungi. Batang-batang bambu yang kelewat tinggi merunduk, malang melintang dengan sesamanya. Berantakan, namun indah, bak rambut-rambut alis anak gadis.

Lalu terdapat bukit batu besar dengan megahnya terduduk sendiri diantara pematang sawah. Hitam dan kokoh. Tumbuhan hijau yang menyembul di antara bebatuannya nampak seperti urat, pembuluh kehidupan yang detaknya tak dapat dilihat atau didengar.




We only had an hour or two in the beach, then went home in Garut. Yes, we didn't book any hotel, there's a house--it was previously my late grandmother's house, but then we renovated it--a family house. Oh, and we captured a rainbow in the middle our way home! I don't even remember when the last time I saw a rainbow, so it was exciting :D
Apparently the photo is in my cellphone, I activate its bluetooth service but it doesn't work, haha I have no idea how to fix it.


There's a lot fortune tellers who predict what will happen in 2012. Also we can easily found an astrology fortune in various magazine. I don't take it personally, it is just for fun. Hope this year will bring us bunch of awesomeness!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. oyaaaa? perasaan waktu itu bukan di rancabuaya deh ceritanya say.. kamu disana ngapain aja? itu kan sepi banget

    ReplyDelete
  2. tempat nginepnya sih emang di desa Purbayani, wa... tapi ke Rancabuaya paling cuman 1 km, ya hampir tiap hari mainnya ke sana, heheheh... KKN mah liburan sebulan wa, wkwkwkkwkw :)) :))

    ReplyDelete