Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oasis

For half an hour before the class had ended, Mel ordered us to make a group circle. She said that we had to tell about our dream job. The interesting one was the job could be anything, even the job which didn't exist. 
"You can create the job, imagine there's no limitation to what you want to do," she said. "You can have 2 minutes to imagine it."


I was so enthusiastic about the topic so I didn't bother to close my eyes to imagine it. Maybe I looked so ready that I got the first turn. I said my dream job is to become a writer, an author, or a screenwriter. Adit's dream job is to be a famous (and rich :p) football player. Ryan's is to be a game tester. He said that he wouldn't mind to sit and play games for 8 hours a day. Zulfa's is to be a director (they said that Zulfa and I should be a team to make a movie, haha). Atia got the last turn and he made us shocked with his dream job. He wants to be a scientist/lecturer in computational chemistry. Our last minutes spent to discuss his dream job because we confused about what kind of study is that?? :D


That was one of the interesting parts of my conversation class. When I got home, I remember what Mel says that "imagine there's no limitation to what you want to do". I think this is why I am ecstatic everytime I attend the class and everything about English.
I find the other side of me when I speak in English, the more confident me, well of course that's if I can tell something fluently, hehe. I feel joy and every word I hear is like a recreational to me. I'm flying with lines, chasing syllable in a wide green field, no limits. I can be whatever I want to be, playing with words.


That's not something I can find in "the real life".


When I got home, I could feel life-problems were lurking around me. Then they attached themself to my shoulders, as if to remind me: "hey, solve us! there's no time to imagine chasing some bloody words, or whatever it is!". So, I came back to my real life, life with soooo many demands, sometimes compulsions. We must think about how to get money, to compete, to live better, to live faithful, to please everyone. 
Life, complexity at its best.


This conversation class, for me, is an oasis. An oasis which about to end. I'll have final test at Tuesday and Thursday next week. So, I have to find another oasis. Oh, and of course, writing, for me, always be an oasis. Writing fiction/poem in English? Perfection.


Actually this is one of the bad baffled scholar's diaries. Yes, I'm still what-so-called unemployed, if anyone's interested.


So, what's your oasis, anyway?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment