Friday, January 20, 2012

The Post-Reichenbach Blues

So, I just watched The Reichenbach Fall last night, twice. Sounds crazy, but I couldn't sleep last night.
I watched it twice, and now I can't watch it anymore without crying. I was screaming, crying, and grossly sobbing until 3 am. Sorry of being too sentimental, but it is the cruelest episode of Sherlock ever. ;((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((




It was cruel from the beginning.
At the very first minutes, we forced to face that Sherlock is dead. John's expression when he told his therapist that his bestfriend died was... precious. I could feel the lost at him (brilliant acting skills, Martin has). Then chains of cases that Sherlock solved which attracts more media to have him on the papers. He became a famous celebrity but he totally didn't amuse with it. Many people told him not to show off, not to be clever, in fact they ordered him not to be himself... which is very heartbreaking.


And then came Moriarty, scary as hell. He made everyone doubt about Sherlock. John is the only one who still believe him (Mycroft didn't count for he's so ignorant). And he played Richard Brook, for God's sake!!! 
Okay, I can't tell it in orders. I'm in shock. The point is, TRF is so damn good, I could feel the rage, the emptiness, the.. everything.


And the rooftop scene was THE MOST TORN-HEART-APART SCENE.
The phone call...
"I'm fake."
"I invented Moriarty."
"...but the very first time we met, very first time."
"No one could be that clever."
"You could."


"Goodbye, John." And he fell.


John's dialogue to Sherlock's grave was... oh my God:
"Umm.. you, you ever told me once that you weren't a hero. There were times I didn't even think you're human. But let me tell you this, you're the best man, the most human being I've ever known and no-one will ever convince me that you told me a lie. I was so alone, and I owe you so much. But please, one more thing, one more miracle, for me, Sherlock. Don't. Be. Dead. Stop it, stop this!--(cries)"


While John was speaking to his grave, Sherlock's observing from a distance. Well and alive.
I.. I just... .No, I just.. can't.


Okay, now I'm crying, actually crying.
This is how Sherlock with its only 6 episodes can make its fans become emotionally invested with it.
Sorry, since I'm obsessed with it, I found TRF is very heartbreaking. And I'm not alone, I looked the fandom and I can say they were far more sentimental.
There are lots of speculations of how Sherlock survived. It comforts me, really. Ridiculous, I know.


I'll show you some funny posts made by fandom, later.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment